Preimplantation Genetic diagnosis-(PGD)
Preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidies, is a genetic test performed on embryos produced through IVF. PGD gives information about embryos genetic health and allows the doctors team select the best embryo for transfer and improve your chance of achieving a successful pregnancy. PGD is a technique that enables couples with a particular inherited condition in their family to avoid passing it on to their children. The process helps potential parents prevent the birth of a child with a serious genetic condition. The procedure for PGD is similar to that of in vitro fertilization (IVF), with an extra step to check whether embryos are affected by a serious genetic condition. Dr. Suma Prasad and team are specially qualified and trained at UCL, London for the embryo biopsy technique. Counselling couples with recurrent IVF implantation failures to undergo PGD has increased implantation rates and a successful take home baby experience.Prasad Infertility Solutions is well renowned PGD Treatment centre in Hyderabad
- • Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is a process in which one or two cells from an embryo on Day 3 or Day 5 are extracted and the cells genetically analyzed.
- • Couples who are at a high risk of having abnormal number of chromosomes or who have a history of single gene defects or chromosome defects are ideal candidates for this procedure.
- • It is used to diagnose a large number of genetic defects at present.
- • The term preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) is used to denote procedures that do not look for a specific disease but use PGD techniques to identify embryos at risk.
- • The PGD allows studying the DNA of eggs or embryos to select those that carry certain mutations for genetic diseases.
- • It is useful when there are previous chromosomal or genetic disorders in the family and within the context of in vitro fertilization programs
- • We have highly experienced and trained genetic counselors who would meet with you to discuss your genetic issues and your odds of having to do PGD.
- • The best part of the entire PGD program is that success rates and take home baby are high after the screening and transferring of embryos.
• It is used to diagnose a large number of genetic defects at present.