Preimplantation Genetic diagnosis-(PGD)
The genetic test which is performed on embryos that are produced through IVF is called Preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidies. PGD gives information about embryos genetic health and allows the doctors' team to select the best embryo for transfer and improve your chance of achieving a successful pregnancy. PGD is a technique where couples want to avoid passing their inherited condition to their child. PGD is the process where the couples prevent to give the birth of a child with a serious genetic condition. PGD technique is mostly similar to the IVF procedure except an extra step to check whether embryos are affected by a genetic condition or not. Dr. Suma Prasad, the Best Fertility Specialist in Hyderabad, and her team are specially qualified and trained at UCL, London for the embryo biopsy technique. Counseling couples with recurrent IVF implantation failures to undergo PGD has increased implantation rates and a successful take-home baby experience. Prasad Infertility Solutions is well renowned PGD Treatment center in Hyderabad.
- • Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is a process in which one or two cells from an embryo on Day 3 or Day 5 are extracted and the cells genetically analyzed.
- • Couples who are at a high risk of having the abnormal number of chromosomes or who have a history of single gene defects or chromosome defects are ideal candidates for this procedure.
- • It is used to diagnose a large number of genetic defects at present.
- • Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) doesn’t look for a specific disease whereas the PGD technique identifies whether the embryos are at risk or not.
- • PGD technique can study the DNA of eggs or embryos to know whether they carry mutations for genetic diseases.
- • PGD procedure is useful to know about the chromosomal or genetic disorders in the family.
- • We have highly experienced and trained genetic counselors who would meet with you to discuss your genetic issues and your odds of having to do PGD.
- • The best part of the entire PGD program is that success rates.
• It is used to diagnose a large number of genetic defects at present.